Friday, 17 February 2012

work

Only 2.5 work days left, yay! Although that said, that does mean there's only a very short time 'til the birth left, eek!
All had been going pretty well at work. I felt ready to go, most things tied-up, tidied-up, passed on and documented. Until this week when it seems people finally realised that I am actually going next week and all of a sudden there's a whole lot of new stuff hat has to be done before then, sigh.
In any case, I hadn't been feeling too tired so actually coming to work and spending all day there was fine. Felt I could, physically, easily work closer to the date. Although mentally I'm kinda over it. I must admit it has started to seem rather unimportant. In a way this is a little scary 'cos I can almost feel myself slowly drifting to becoming one of those mothers whose whole lives are their kids, who doesnt want to do anything else. I never imagined I would feel that way (and maybe I won't). But several of my friends who have recently become mothers and always thought they'd be raring to go back to work, now say they never want to go back. and, in some ways I think I'm fine with that idea. For want of a better term, its starting to seem natural. hmmm.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you gone into labor?

Züri

beesknees said...

Do you think I'd be writing on a blog if I had?

Anonymous said...

That would indeed be a surprise!

Was just thinking you hadn't blogged for days.

Züri

beesknees said...

yeah, no time, had too much stuff to finish at work and too tired